Happiness makes your belly grow bigger?


I am thinking about the corelation between happiness and the accumulation of fat on your belly. That does not necessarily mean being obese or does it?

From my own personal experience, when I am happy and feel free, I put on more weight and my belly grows bigger. But when I am stressed, regardless of how much I eat, I tend to remain slim.

Does that mean different internal parts of our body can in fact "feel" happy? Is it something to do with the "thinking cells"? Perhaps what we are is not entirely based on what our heads think; it also depends on what we and our body feels.

2 comments:

Mark T. Market said...

Maybe complacency is the problem. When times are going well, we don't worry about potential dangers. Only when crisis strikes are we forced to be more conscious and critical of our situation.

Barie said...

I tend to agree with Mark. If you are happy, then you are probably happy with your appearance and not obsessing with weight. Maybe when you are stressed it causes you to metabolism to rise. Although, stress usually causes levels of cortisol to rise and contributes to belly fat. The most important thing is to have a healthy, well-balanced diet no matter what mood you are in.

Post a Comment