The caveman within me


Caveman dragging cavewoman by her hair
Everyday we conform to things around us such as etiquettes, social norms and laws. These have become quite essential for functioning in a modern society. I feel the downside is, they have made our lives more complicated and artificial. It seems like we have to think twice before speaking with someone. We are called uncivilised if we do not know the table manners. There are ways to dress-up while attending job interviews and to present yourself. You have to pretend to be confident even when you are not.

I am not trying to despise all this. I wish I could but this is part of our time. We just have to accept it or at least try to lower the impact of it.

Sometimes I feel tired of conforming to etiquettes and this-is-how-it-should-be kind of things. I wanted to explore and bring out the caveman within me. I am not yet ready to experience the real caves somewhere away from the city but I could seclude myself in my room for at least few hours a day when there is nobody around. I could clean up the debris left by years of conformity. I could walk freely with unwashed and uncombed long hair and unshaven face. I could walk fully or partially nude. I could eat while sitting on the floor or on my bed. I could look at the fat accumulating around my belly and still feel proud of it. I could wipe traces of grease on the only piece of clothing that is covering my lower hip. There are no rules and etiquettes dictating my actions.

This is one of the "pure" forms of me- me in a very natural and a relaxed state- the caveman within me.

I must say this is quite an enlightening experience. If you wish, you may try it and share your experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, you've got some stuff right... but what about survival... I mean, if you're a caveman, you do need to survive, no matter what... and cave people weren't exactly anti-socials, in fact they were quite the... opposite...

Post a Comment